I was worried the entire first half today. Early morning bath, breakfast preparation, and then I got my baby ready hurriedly, that too on a weekend so as to reach the Shopping Mall on time! Right from parking to scaling the mall from ground floor to the top floor was a terrific task. We took the stroller to ease things but my little devil brought us no cooperation. She kept on running here and there, often towards the elevators or bumping at the crowd that went on increasing every minute. We tried to select clothes as early as possible but squeezing ourselves out of the crowd and kind of pulling the right clothes with right size wasn’t easy. It was too difficult to trace the price tag and calculate if you have shopped as per the minimum criteria to available discount or not. And surprisingly trial rooms were closed and we landed up in long queue for payments and returned home after gruesome 4 hours only to find out that out of 4 trousers that we got, 2 of them didn’t fit us!
And we are not sure if we will be able to get the same outfit now, and in the same price. I really don’t have energy to roll and smash myself in the similar crowd when my hands are already paining alot. So it didn’t amuse me to watch how online sale has jumped over the few years (with courtesy to buyers like me). I will quote some findings of the similar big on-line sale that I availed recently:
- No hassle to drive and park the car(and pay parking charges)
- No tension about time. I can even shop at 12:00 AM (actually the best time for me as everyone sleeps by then)
- Full Focus. Thanks to filters like brand, price and size, I can reach to my desired clothes section in less than a minute( and no chance somebody will snatch them from me).
- Easy buy, timely delivery and hassle free returns.
- No fixed window of Sale: we have tendency to shop while there is a sale, and online we generally encounter some sort of sale happening around on limited merchandise all the time .
- Compare prices and read reviews: this is something we easily can do before buying pricey things like a woolen coat, glass dinner set or even your favorite black stiletto:)
- No worries to manage household chores: likewise today when we reached back home late and it delayed our lunch. Even the baby got fussy to eat anything and there was some sort of mismanagement the rest of the day.
Ok, I agree that many of us prefer to touch and feel clothes before we buy them (like my hubby) or we get choosy with selected items like buying a nice distressed jeans or an precious saree but as a mother if I have comfort to shop my favorite clothes from home, I don’t care to buy, try and return to shop again. Same thing applies to my grocery or other needs shopping – I prefer to buy online. . . Honestly in big cities like Gurgaon, there are limited shopping destinations to relish apart from these fancy malls and with the baby it becomes a tedious exercise rather a delightful escape. I rather feel like to sit and relax on the weekends or drive to a nearby park or out of the hustle bustle of town.
For me what’s important is to keep eyes open to save from false sales, unsecured network and forge websites and also buying unnecessarily to save pockets. Online we often get replicated material but no wonder we get similar experiences in the mall too. .
Anyways whatever you chose, have happy shopping! ! And feel yourself always good. . .